Clan Arts and Sciences Competition 2018
This year’s theme is fairy tales! Fairy tales and folk legends are found in every culture across the globe, and are the basis for a lot of the fantasy standards we take for granted today. The challenge this year is to enter pieces inspired by or created from descriptions in a fairytale! Adherence to the theme WILL be taken into account when judging, and PLEASE do explain how your entry fits the theme!
Let’s see those witches broomsticks, magical cloaks, and legendary weapons!
- Dragon (Sculpture, painting, performance, etc. judged on aesthetic and fine skill)
- Owl (Swords, shields, armor, etc. judged on utility and workmanship)
- Garber (Tunics, dresses, etc. judged on form and function as garb)
(More detail: Rules of Play, page 70)
- Maximum one entry per category, per artisan.
- Items must not have been previously entered in an Inter-kingdom competition. (Olympiad, Clan, Keep)
- Due to the nature of the site, food and beverage entries will not be accepted.
Each judge will select and rank what they believe to be the best ten entries in each category.
This will award points on the following scale:
|1st Place:||10 points||6th:||5 points|
|5th:||6 points||10th Place:||1 point|
Each judge is able to assign points for placements 1-10.
The winner is the entrant with the most points after all categories have been judged.
Dame Gwynn enters:
- Dragon item that places 7th (4 pts) with Judge A, but doesn’t place at all with the others.
- Garb item that places 8th (3 pts), 7th (4 pts), and 5th (5 pts)
That is a total of 16 points for Gwynn.
Sir Mesreth the Overachiever enters:
- A single Owl item that places 4th, 3rd, and 5th.
That is a total of 21 points for Mesreth.
There will be prizes of Jo-Ann gift cards for the top three places! $100 for 1st, $50 for 2nd, $25 for 3rd.
Entry and pickup schedule:
Item entry and drop-off on site will be between 12:00 and 12:45 Friday afternoon NO EXCEPTIONS. Performance entries will be run as soon as the judging starts at 1:00pm.
There will be a judges Q&A at 5:00 after the judging has finished. This is a great opportunity to get detailed feedback on your entries in person, and all entrants are encouraged to take advantage of it.
Entries will be available for pick-up between 5:00 and 5:30pm Friday, NO EXCEPTIONS. All items not retrieved by 5:30pm will be labeled with the entrant’s name and taken to Gate. Anyone picking up someone else’s entry will need to know the entrant’s name and what the item is.
Online entry and Write-ups:
Pre-reg will be made available one month before Clan.If you pre-reg, please let us know when you arrive to drop off your entry. We will be trying to process a lot of people in a short time, so please do pre-enter your items. All you will need to do on site is check in and get a sticker for your entry.
DO include specs of the techniques, materials, and inspiration. DO NOT include your name, names or pictures of people, or names of parks/kingdoms if avoidable.
All entrants MUST bring a physical copy of their write-up, ideally typed and printed for legibility.
For any questions or concerns, please contact me at email@example.com
Sir Jocelyn Achard